Seed bomb recipe
by Grace Morgan
Seed Bomb Recipe
2 parts potting soil
5 parts pottery clay mix
1-2 parts water
1-2 parts seeds of your choice
Large tub to mix ingredients
Large box to dry and store seed balls
- Mix the soil, clay and 1 part water thoroughly. There should be no lumps.
- Slowly add more water until the mixture is the consistency of molding clay (yes, the one you played with as a child).
- Add seeds.
- Keep kneading the dough until the seeds are well mixed in.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Take small bits of the clay mixture and roll into a small ball. The balls should hold together easily. If they’re crumbly, add more water.
- Dry seed balls for 24-48 hours in a shady place before sowing or storing. They store best in a cardboard box. Do not use plastic bags.
- The last step in how to make flower seed balls is sowing them. You can plant them wherever you like, maybe somewhere you go often.
- No need to water them, they look after themselves!